Our unique analysis of the bills Schweikert has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Schweikert is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Schweikert for more statistics.
David Schweikert sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
Schweikert sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (30%) International Affairs (19%) Finance and Financial Sector (16%) Taxation (8%) Housing and Community Development (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Transportation and Public Works (5%) Immigration (5%)
Some of Schweikert’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5919: Preserving and Reforming SSDI (PAR-SSDI) Act of 2016
- H.R. 5918: To establish requirements for participants in the peer-to-peer economy to be considered independent ...
- H.R. 5744: NextGen Flight Path Review and Notification Act of 2016
- H.R. 5568: Combatting Terrorism in Tunisia Emergency Support Act of 2016
- H.R. 4547: Build the Fence Act of 2016
- H.R. 4496: FUNDS Act
- H.R. 4348: DC Personal Protection Reciprocity Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Schweikert missed 56 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: