Read our 2016 Report Card for Scott.
Our unique analysis of the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Scott is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
David Scott sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Financial Services
Scott was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4747 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6691 Church Street in Riverdale, Georgia, as the “Major Gregory E. Barney Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2620 (114th): To amend the United States Cotton Futures Act to exclude certain cotton futures contracts from coverage under such Act.
- H.R. 2356 (110th): To amend title 4, United States Code, to encourage the display of the flag of the United States on Father’s Day.
- H.R. 3703 (110th): To amend section 5112(p)(1)(A) of title 31, United States Code, to allow an exception from the $1 coin dispensing capability requirement for certain vending machines.
- H.R. 3029 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 255 North Main Street in Jonesboro, Georgia, as the “S. Truett Cathy Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 495: Recognizing the seriousness of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and expressing support for the ...
- H.Res. 403: Supporting the designation of March 2018 as Endometriosis Awareness Month.
- H.Res. 402: Supporting the designation of July 2017 as Uterine Fibroids Awareness Month.
- H.R. 51: Funding for Student Scholarships for the 1890s Land-Grant African-American Colleges and Universities Act
- H.R. 52: Jobs, On-the-Job ‘Earn While You Learn’ Training, and Apprenticeships for African-American Young Men ...
- H.R. 6021 (114th): Jobs, On-the-Job `Earn While You Learn’ Training, and Apprenticeships for African-American Young ...
- H.R. 6020 (114th): Funding for Student Scholarships for the 1890s Land-Grant African-American Colleges and Universities ...
|Scott’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6392: Systemic Risk Designation Improvement Act of 2016
Dec 1, 2016. Passed 254/161.
H.R. 3461: To approve the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, signed at Vienna on July 14, 2015, relating to the ...
Sep 11, 2015. Failed 162/269.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
From Jan 2003 to Jul 2017, Scott missed 279 of 10,539 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: