Scott is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Aug 9, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
David Scott sits on the following committees:
Scott was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1710: Coronavirus Homeowner Assistance Act of 2021
- H.R. 4747 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6691 Church Street in Riverdale, Georgia, as the “Major Gregory E. Barney Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2620 (114th): To amend the United States Cotton Futures Act to exclude certain cotton futures contracts from coverage under such Act.
- H.R. 2356 (110th): To amend title 4, United States Code, to encourage the display of the flag of the United States on Father’s Day.
- H.R. 3703 (110th): To amend section 5112(p)(1)(A) of title 31, United States Code, to allow an exception from the $1 coin dispensing capability requirement for certain vending machines.
- H.R. 3029 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 255 North Main Street in Jonesboro, Georgia, as the “S. Truett Cathy Post Office Building”.
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Scott recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8590: Small Family Farmer And Rancher Relief Act
- H.Res. 1199: Commending United States Capitol Police Officer Caroline Edwards for her commitment, determination, and …
- H.R. 7048: Protect Lifesaving Anesthesia Care for Veterans Act of 2022
- H.Res. 879: Supporting the designation of July 2022 as Uterine Fibroids Awareness Month.
- H.Res. 880: Supporting the designation of March 2022 as Endometriosis Awareness Month.
- H.Res. 878: Recognizing the seriousness of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and expressing support for the …
- H.R. 6137: MAKERS Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2003 to Aug 2022, Scott missed 379 of 13,134 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: