Our unique analysis of the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Scott is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Scott for more statistics.
David Scott sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6020: Funding for Student Scholarships for the 1890s Land-Grant African-American Colleges and Universities Act
- H.R. 6021: Jobs, On-the-Job `Earn While You Learn’ Training, and Apprenticeships for African-American Young Men ...
- H.R. 4747: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6691 ...
- H.R. 3453: Federal Home Loan Bank Product Act
- H.R. 2620: To amend the United States Cotton Futures Act to exclude certain cotton futures ...
- H.Res. 268: Supporting the designation of July 2015 as Uterine Fibroids Awareness Month.
- H.Con.Res. 18: Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States Postal Service should issue ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Scott’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5351: To prohibit the transfer of any individual detained at United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Sep 15, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3461: To approve the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, signed at Vienna on July 14, 2015, relating to the ...
Sep 11, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1190: Protecting Seniors’ Access to Medicare Act of 2015
Jun 23, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2016, Scott missed 260 of 10,079 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: