Rep. David Skaggs
Former Representative from Colorado's 2nd District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Colorado's 2nd District
See Also: Bioguide
Skaggs was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Skaggs’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Skaggs’s bills had a total of 74 cosponsors in the 105th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Skaggs to other members of the House of Representatives in the 105th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Skaggs’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4850 (105th): Rocky Mountain National Park Wilderness Act of 1998
- H.R. 4505 (105th): Northern Colorado Headwaters Wilderness Act of 1998
- H.R. 2649 (105th): Expedited Rescissions Act of 1997
- H.R. 2650 (105th): To repeal the Line Item Veto Act of 1996.
- H.R. 2530 (105th): To prohibit the Student Loan Marketing Association from conditioning the waiver of ...
- H.R. 2511 (105th): To prohibit the Student Loan Marketing Association from conditioning the waiver of ...
- H.R. 2291 (105th): To amend the Fish and Wildlife Improvement Act of 1978 to enable ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Dec 1998, Skaggs missed 129 of 6,424 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills