Staton was the representative for West Virginia’s 3rd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1981 to 1982.
Some of Staton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 343 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress concerning the right ...
- H.R. 3706 (97th): A bill to direct the Secretary of the Army and the Secretary ...
From Jan 1981 to Dec 1982, Staton missed 27 of 812 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is better than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills