Towell was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 15877 (93rd): A bill to remove the cloud on title with respect to certain lands in the State of Nevada.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Towell sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Towell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 17386 (93rd): A bill for the relief of Gong Sing Hom.
- H.R. 17163 (93rd): Older Americans Home Repair Assistance Act
- H.R. 17164 (93rd): A bill to amend title XVI of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 15877 (93rd): A bill to remove the cloud on title with respect to certain ...
- H.R. 14187 (93rd): A bill to expand the Boulder Canyon project to provide for the ...
- H.R. 14186 (93rd): A bill to provide for the suspension of annual assessment work on ...
- H.Res. 927 (93rd): Resolution disapproving the recommendations of the President with respect to rates of ...
From Jan 1973 to Dec 1974, Towell missed 130 of 1,078 roll call votes, which is 12.1%. This is on par with the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills