Valadao was the representative for California’s 21st congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2013 to 2018.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Valadao.
Valadao is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Valadao sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Valadao was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Valadao sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Water Resources Development (35%) Taxation (15%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Agriculture and Food (10%) International Affairs (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%)
Some of Valadao’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 729: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that countries that are party ...
- H.R. 3890: Making Rural America Count Act
- H.R. 1769: San Luis Unit Drainage Resolution Act
- H.R. 624 (115th): Social Security Number Fraud Prevention Act of 2017
- H.R. 299: Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2017
- H.R. 23: Gaining Responsibility on Water Act of 2017
- H.R. 6290 (114th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend certain tax ...
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2018, Valadao missed 38 of 3,739 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: