Our unique analysis of the bills Valadao has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Valadao is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Valadao for more statistics.
David Valadao sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Vice Chairman, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
Valadao sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Valadao’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4366: San Luis Unit Drainage Resolution Act
- H.R. 3779: To restrict the inclusion of social security account numbers on documents sent by ...
- H.R. 2898: Western Water and American Food Security Act of 2015
- H.R. 2749: Dams Accountability, Maintenance, and Safety Act
- H.R. 1842: Indian Health Service Health Professions Tax Fairness Act of 2015
- H.R. 5781 (113th): California Emergency Drought Relief Act of 2014
- H.R. 5384 (113th): Securing Health Care for Young Americans Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Valadao missed 14 of 2,465 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: