Our unique analysis of the bills Weldon sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Weldon is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Weldon was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 395 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2305 Minton Road in West Melbourne, Florida, as the “Ronald W. Reagan Post Office of ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Weldon sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (17%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Taxation (14%) Law (14%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Labor and Employment (8%)
Some of Weldon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4837 (110th): SPACE Act
- H.R. 3612 (110th): Local Law Enforcement Restoration Act
- H.R. 3135 (110th): Child Tax Credit Preservation Act of 2007
- H.R. 2893 (110th): Homeownership Affordability Act of 2007
- H.R. 2873 (110th): Affordable Homeowners Insurance Act of 2007
- H.R. 2564 (110th): Human Cloning Prohibition Act of 2007
- H.R. 2355 (110th): Reservists and Guardsmen Tax Relief Act of 2007
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2008, Weldon missed 376 of 9,048 roll call votes, which is 4.2%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: