Weldon, a Republican, was the representative for Florida’s 15th congressional district from 1995 to 2008.
Weldon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Weldon sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Weldon was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5719 (109th): Fetus Farming Prohibition Act of 2006
- H.R. 395 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2305 Minton Road in West Melbourne, Florida, as the “Ronald W. Reagan Post Office of ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Weldon sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (17%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Taxation (14%) Law (14%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Labor and Employment (8%)
Some of Weldon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4837 (110th): SPACE Act
- H.R. 3612 (110th): Local Law Enforcement Restoration Act
- H.R. 3135 (110th): Child Tax Credit Preservation Act of 2007
- H.R. 2893 (110th): Homeownership Affordability Act of 2007
- H.R. 2873 (110th): Affordable Homeowners Insurance Act of 2007
- H.R. 2564 (110th): Human Cloning Prohibition Act of 2007
- H.R. 2355 (110th): Reservists and Guardsmen Tax Relief Act of 2007
|Weldon’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.R. 3355 (110th): Homeowners’ Defense Act of 2007
Nov 8, 2007. Passed 258/155.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3121 (110th): Flood Insurance Reform and Modernization Act of 2007
Sep 27, 2007. Passed 263/146.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2008, Weldon missed 376 of 9,048 roll call votes, which is 4.2%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: