Our unique analysis of the bills Wu sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wu is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Wu was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5220 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3800 SW. 185th Avenue in Beaverton, Oregon, as the “Major Arthur Chin Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2643 (107th): Fort Clatsop National Memorial Expansion Act of 2002
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Wu sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (21%) Science, Technology, Communications (16%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Social Welfare (11%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Labor and Employment (10%) Health (8%) Commerce (8%)
Some of Wu’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2630 (112th): Volunteer Firefighter Fairness Act of 2011
- H.R. 2525 (112th): Trade Adjustment Assistance Accountability Act of 2011
- H.R. 2317 (112th): Promoting Green Transportation Infrastructure through Research and Development Act
- H.R. 1379 (112th): Natural Hazards Risk Reduction Act of 2011
- H.R. 6251 (111th): Rebuilding Local Business Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1627 (111th): Recognizing the 110th anniversary of the Northwest Labor Press.
- H.R. 6124 (111th): Local Control for Energy and Environment Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Wu’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
S. 3325 (110th): Prioritizing Resources and Organization for Intellectual Property Act of 2008
Sep 28, 2008. Passed 381/41.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1999 to Aug 2011, Wu missed 178 of 8,866 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Aug 2011. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: