Our unique analysis of the bills Wu sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wu is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Wu sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (21%) Science, Technology, Communications (16%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Social Welfare (11%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Labor and Employment (10%) Health (8%) Commerce (8%)
Some of Wu’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2630 (112th): Volunteer Firefighter Fairness Act of 2011
- H.R. 2525 (112th): Trade Adjustment Assistance Accountability Act of 2011
- H.R. 2317 (112th): Promoting Green Transportation Infrastructure through Research and Development Act
- H.R. 1379 (112th): Natural Hazards Risk Reduction Act of 2011
- H.R. 6251 (111th): Rebuilding Local Business Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1627 (111th): Recognizing the 110th anniversary of the Northwest Labor Press.
- H.R. 6124 (111th): Local Control for Energy and Environment Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Aug 2011, Wu missed 178 of 8,866 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Aug 2011. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: