Our unique analysis of the bills Young has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Young is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Young for more statistics.
David Young sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Young sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Young’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5976: Agriculture Conservation Stamp Act
- H.R. 5941: Keep Taxpayer Dollars Safe from Terrorists Act of 2016
- H.R. 5619: Sarah’s Law
- H.R. 5392: No Veterans Crisis Line Call Should Go Unanswered Act
- H.R. 5345: Justice for Victims of IRS Scams and Identity Theft Act of 2016
- H.R. 5346: Securing our Agriculture and Food Act
- H.R. 5335: Facilitating Farmers’ Access to Resources and Machinery Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Young missed 0 of 1,261 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: