2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Heller »
Our unique analysis of the bills Heller has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Heller is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Dean Heller sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Finance
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Heller sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (28%) Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Taxation (17%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%) Labor and Employment (6%) Government Operations and Politics (4%) Environmental Protection (4%)
Some of Heller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3090: A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to establish ...
- S. 3092: A bill to direct the Securities and Exchange Commission to provide a safe ...
- S. 3035: Maximizing Efficiency and Improving Access to Providers at the Department of Veterans Affairs ...
- S. 2627: Mojave National Preserve Boundary Adjustment Act of 2016
- S. 2596: A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to permit veterans who ...
- S. 2382: Strengthening Medicare Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs Act of 2015
- S. 2349: Medicare Advantage Coverage Transparency Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 2011 to Jun 2016, Heller missed 56 of 1,526 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 30 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: