New: 2013 Report CardRead our new 2013 Report Card for Heller »
Heller is a centrist Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship. Heller’s bills have had a total of 100 cosponsors in the 113th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Heller to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Dean Heller sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Science and Space
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Some of Heller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2091: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the processing ...
- S. 2097: A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for ...
- S. 1989: Federal Communications Commission Process Reform Act of 2014
- S. 1983: Fernley Economic Self-Determination Act
- S. 1931: A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for ...
- S. 1860: STAR Act of 2013
- S. 1751: A bill to improve authorities for performance of medical disabilities examinations by contract ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 2011 to Mar 2014, Heller missed 36 of 771 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is worse than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Agreed to 62/34
Sen. Heller [R-NV]: YeaMar 10, 2014 5:33 p.m.
Cloture Motion Agreed to 100/0
Sen. Heller [R-NV]: YeaMar 06, 2014 2:29 p.m.
Cloture Motion Rejected 55/45
Sen. Heller [R-NV]: YeaMar 06, 2014 2:01 p.m.
Nomination Confirmed 58/42
Sen. Heller [R-NV]: NayMar 06, 2014 11:20 a.m.