Our unique analysis of the bills Fischer has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Fischer is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Fischer for more statistics.
Deb Fischer sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Fischer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (22%) Transportation and Public Works (18%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Commerce (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Health (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Labor and Employment (7%)
Some of Fischer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3253: FARM Act
- S. 3196: Consumer Financial Protection Board Act of 2016
- S. 3132: Puppies Assisting Wounded Servicemembers (PAWS) Act of 2016
- S. 3051: Puppies Assisting Wounded Servicemembers (PAWS) Act of 2016
- S. 2993: FUELS Act
- S. 2958: A bill to establish a pilot program on partnership agreements to construct new ...
- S.Res. 463: A resolution honoring the memory and service of Omaha Police Officer Kerrie Orozco.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Fischer missed 0 of 1,130 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: