Dingell is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dingell has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 2, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Debbie Dingell sits on the following committees:
Dingell was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 7347 (116th): To designate the medical center of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Ann Arbor, Michigan, as the “Lieutenant Colonel Charles S. Kettles Department of Veterans Affairs Medical …
- H.R. 4831 (116th): National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Reauthorization Act of 2019
- H.R. 3253 (116th): Sustaining Excellence in Medicaid Act of 2019
- H.R. 1342 (116th): EMPOWER Care Act
- H.R. 5765 (114th): Great Lakes Fish and Wildlife Restoration Act of 2016
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Dingell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Dingell recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 9209: PACE Expanded Act
- H.Res. 1421: Expressing support for designation of the week of October 2, 2022, through October …
- H.R. 8807: Leave No Americans Behind Act of 2022
- H.Res. 1222: Celebrating 25 years of strategic partnership between the United States and Romania.
- H.R. 8285: Vehicle Innovation Act of 2022
- H.R. 7962: To amend the Energy Policy and Conservation Act to modify the definition of …
- H.Res. 1085: Recognizing the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, commending a month of fasting and …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2022, Dingell missed 90 of 4,421 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: