Read our 2018 Report Card for Dingell.
Dingell is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dingell has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Debbie Dingell sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Dingell was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Dingell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dingell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3253: Empowering Beneficiaries, Ensuring Access, and Strengthening Accountability Act of 2019
- H.Res. 424: Recognizing the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, commending a month of fasting and ...
- H.R. 2827: Keep Food Containers Safe from PFAS Act of 2019
- H.R. 2428: Access to Breast Cancer Diagnosis Act of 2019
- H.R. 2349: Climate Change Education Act
- H.R. 2236: Forage Fish Conservation Act
- H.R. 2170: Vehicle Innovation Act of 2019
From Jan 2015 to Jun 2019, Dingell missed 78 of 2,949 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: