Read our 2019 Report Card for Lesko.
Lesko is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lesko has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 31, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Debbie Lesko sits on the following committees:
Lesko was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lesko sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (30%) Emergency Management (10%) Health (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Education (10%)
Some of Lesko’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7802: To require the Planned Parenthood Federation of America and any affiliates to return ...
- H.R. 7643: To set forth the policy of the United States regarding vandalism, and for ...
- H.Res. 1046: Supporting the designation of August 2020 as National Women’s Suffrage Month.
- H.R. 6016: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14955 ...
- H.R. 5828: DHS Illicit Cross-Border Tunnel Defense Act
- H.R. 5827: Trusted Traveler REAL ID Relief Act of 2020
- H.R. 4402: Inland Waters Security Review Act
From May 2018 to Jul 2020, Lesko missed 17 of 1,212 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: