Lesko is the representative for Arizona’s 8th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. She has served since May 7, 2018. Lesko is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Lesko.
Lesko is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lesko has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Feb 23, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Lesko was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6016 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14955 West Bell Road in Surprise, Arizona, as the “Marc Lee Memorial Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 6400 (115th): United States Ports of Entry Threat and Operational Review Act
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lesko sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lesko’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 143: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding United States policy recognizing ...
- H.R. 1061: To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to preserve cable franchising authority, and ...
- H.R. 824: To prohibit certain members of the Chinese Communist Party from entering the United ...
- H.R. 765: To require directors of medical centers of the Department of Veterans Affairs to ...
- H.R. 709: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to reform certain asylum procedures, and ...
- H.R. 558: Dismemberment Abortion Ban Act of 2021
- H.R. 557: To allow a State to submit a State management decision to the Secretary ...
From May 2018 to Feb 2021, Lesko missed 33 of 1,324 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: