Mucarsel-Powell was the representative for Florida’s 26th congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 2019 to 2020.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Mucarsel-Powell.
Mucarsel-Powell is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2020 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Mucarsel-Powell sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 28, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mucarsel-Powell sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Mucarsel-Powell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 122 (116th): Recognizing the significance of equal pay and the disparity in wages paid ...
- H.Res. 1202 (116th): Denouncing the Maduro regime’s efforts to hold fraudulent legislative elections, the absence ...
- H.Res. 1172 (116th): Calling for the release of Cuban political prisoner Silverio Portal Contreras.
- H.R. 8225 (116th): Fight Notario Fraud Act of 2020
- H.R. 8150 (116th): SCHOOLS Act
- H.R. 8017 (116th): MOTION Act
- H.R. 8016 (116th): PARTNERS Act
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2020, Mucarsel-Powell missed 6 of 954 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2020. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: