2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Stabenow »
Our unique analysis of the bills Stabenow has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Stabenow is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Debbie Stabenow sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Livestock, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Rural Development and Energy
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Finance
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Health Care
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
Some of Stabenow’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 608: A bill to prevent homeowners from being forced to pay taxes on forgiven ...
- S. 589: A bill to provide an immediate measure to control the spread of aquatic ...
- S. 466: Quality Care for Moms and Babies Act
- S. 408: Empowering Jobs Act of 2015
- S. 3002: Guarding Our Great Lakes Act
- S. 2929: POWER Act
- S.Res. 555: A resolution designating the week of September 15 through September 19, 2014, as ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Mar 2015, Stabenow missed 43 of 4,514 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43
Sen. Stabenow [D-MI]: NayMar 2, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Cloture on the Motion to Proceed Rejected 57/42
Sen. Stabenow [D-MI]: NayFeb 27, 2015 11:29 a.m.
Bill Passed 68/31
Sen. Stabenow [D-MI]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 11:10 a.m.
Amendment Agreed to 66/33
Sen. Stabenow [D-MI]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 10:52 a.m.