Our unique analysis of the bills Halvorson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Halvorson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Halvorson was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 80 (111th): Recognizing and honoring the Blinded Veterans Association on its 65th anniversary of representing blinded veterans and their families.
- H.R. 4311 (111th): Bonus Depreciation and Enhanced Expensing for Small Businesses Extension Act of 2009
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Halvorson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Halvorson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5993 (111th): SAVINGS Act of 2010
- H.R. 5838 (111th): Homeless Veterans Transitional Housing Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1454 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of “Chiari Malformation Awareness Month” and “Chiari ...
- H.Con.Res. 278 (111th): Expressing the sense of Congress that a grateful Nation supports and salutes ...
- H.R. 4912 (111th): To amend title 10, United States Code, to eliminate the required reduction ...
- H.J.Res. 80 (111th): Recognizing and honoring the Blinded Veterans Association on its 65th anniversary of ...
- H.R. 4443 (111th): VET Act
|Halvorson’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 1500 (111th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 4899) making emergency supplemental appropriations for ...
Jul 1, 2010. Passed 215/210.
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Halvorson missed 11 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: