Halvorson was the representative for Illinois’s 11th congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 2009 to 2010.
Halvorson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Halvorson sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Halvorson was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.J.Res. 80 (111th): Recognizing and honoring the Blinded Veterans Association on its 65th anniversary of representing blinded veterans and their families.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Halvorson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Halvorson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5993 (111th): SAVINGS Act of 2010
- H.R. 5838 (111th): Homeless Veterans Transitional Housing Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1454 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of “Chiari Malformation Awareness Month” and “Chiari ...
- H.Con.Res. 278 (111th): Expressing the sense of Congress that a grateful Nation supports and salutes ...
- H.R. 4912 (111th): To amend title 10, United States Code, to eliminate the required reduction ...
- H.J.Res. 80 (111th): Recognizing and honoring the Blinded Veterans Association on its 65th anniversary of ...
- H.R. 4443 (111th): VET Act
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Halvorson missed 11 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: