Pryce, a Republican, was the representative for Ohio’s 15th congressional district from 1993 to 2008.
Pryce is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pryce sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Pryce was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1553 (110th): Caroline Pryce Walker Conquer Childhood Cancer Act of 2008
- H.R. 5117 (109th): To exempt persons with disabilities from the prohibition against providing section 8 rental assistance to college students.
- H.R. 764 (106th): Child Abuse Prevention and Enforcement Act
- H.J.Res. 197 (104th): Waiving certain enrollment requirements with respect to any bill or joint resolution of the One Hundred Fourth Congress making general or continuing appropriations for fiscal year 1997.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Pryce sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (17%) Health (16%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Social Welfare (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Education (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Labor and Employment (9%)
Some of Pryce’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5192 (110th): Children’s Compassionate Care Act of 2007
- H.R. 4915 (110th): VALOR Act
- H.R. 4518 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on 4-Vinylbenzenesulfonic acid, lithium salt.
- H.R. 4517 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on 4-Vinylbenzenesulfonic acid, sodium salt hydrate.
- H.R. 2676 (110th): Access to Cancer Clinical Trials Act of 2007
- H.Res. 470 (110th): Supporting efforts to increase childhood cancer awareness, treatment, and research.
- H.R. 1966 (110th): Fairness for Disabled Students Act of 2007
|Pryce’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6049 (110th): Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008
May 21, 2008. Passed 263/160.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 2829 (110th): Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2008
Jun 28, 2007. Passed 240/179.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 835 (110th): Hawaiian Homeownership Opportunity Act of 2007
Mar 21, 2007. Failed 262/162.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2008, Pryce missed 961 of 10,170 roll call votes, which is 9.4%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 23 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: