Ross is the representative for North Carolina’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2021. Ross is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Ross is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ross has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 21, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Deborah Ross sits on the following committees:
Some of Ross’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3846: To direct the Director of the National Science Foundation to create a program ...
- H.Res. 413: Recognizing 12 years since the end of the war in Sri Lanka on ...
- H.R. 3064: Inspector General Access Act of 2021
- H.R. 2746: To amend title 28, United States Code, to redefine the eastern and middle ...
- H.R. 1372: Protecting JOBs Act
From Jan 2021 to Jun 2021, Ross missed 1 of 174 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: