Read our 2019 Report Card for Haaland.
Haaland is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Haaland has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 18, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Debra Haaland sits on the following committees:
Haaland sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Native Americans (35%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Agriculture and Food (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Government Operations and Politics (6%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Social Welfare (6%) Energy (6%)
Some of Haaland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8298: To amend the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act to move the ...
- H.R. 8271: To provide supplemental appropriations for the cleanup of legacy pollution, including National Priority ...
- H.Res. 1102: Recognizing the duty of the Federal Government to implement an agenda to Transform, ...
- H.R. 8104: Vote By Mail Stamp Act
- H.R. 7967: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1050 ...
- H.R. 7774: DIGITAL Reservations Act
- H.Res. 1043: Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program and ...
From Jan 2019 to Sep 2020, Haaland missed 10 of 896 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: