Read our 2019 Report Card for Haaland.
Haaland is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Haaland has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 17, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Debra Haaland sits on the following committees:
Haaland sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Haaland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5511: Interregional Transmission Planning Improvement Act of 2019
- H.R. 5419: Gig Is Up Act
- H.Res. 735: Recognizing the maternal health crisis among indigenous women in the United States, which ...
- H.Res. 720: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the International Olympic Committee ...
- H.Res. 682: Recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the cultures and contributions of ...
- H.R. 4289: Bridging Agency Data Gaps and Ensuring Safety for Native Communities Act
- H.R. 4269: Climate Stewardship Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Jan 2020, Haaland missed 8 of 723 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: