Haaland is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Haaland has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Debra Haaland sits on the following committees:
Haaland sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Haaland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 682: Recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the cultures and contributions of ...
- H.R. 4289: Bridging Agency Data Gaps and Ensuring Safety for Native Communities Act
- H.R. 4269: Climate Stewardship Act of 2019
- H.R. 3977: Justice for Native Survivors of Sexual Violence Act
- H.R. 3879: Simplifying Outdoor Access for Recreation Act
- H.R. 3838: Honoring Family-Friendly Workplaces Act
- H.Res. 469: Recognizing the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising.
From Jan 2019 to Nov 2019, Haaland missed 7 of 624 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: