Cardoza was the representative for California’s 18th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2003 to 2012.
Cardoza is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cardoza sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Cardoza was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Cardoza sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Agriculture and Food (14%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Housing and Community Development (13%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Commerce (10%) Families (9%) Social Welfare (9%)
Some of Cardoza’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1598 (112th): Solar Opportunity and Local Access Rights Act
- H.R. 1175 (112th): Oleoresin Capsicum Spray Pilot Program Act of 2011
- H.R. 363 (112th): Housing Opportunity and Mortgage Equity Act of 2011
- H.R. 106 (112th): Public Official Accountability Act
- H.Res. 1668 (111th): Recognizing the 100th anniversary of the formation of the California Almond Growers ...
- H.R. 6218 (111th): Housing Opportunity and Mortgage Equity Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1558 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that fruit and vegetable ...
From Jan 2003 to Aug 2012, Cardoza missed 546 of 7,469 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Aug 2012. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: