Moore was the representative for Kansas’s 3rd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1999 to 2010.
Moore is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Moore sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Moore was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1177 (111th): 5-Star Generals Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 4095 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 9727 Antioch Road in Overland Park, Kansas, as the “Congresswoman Jan Meyers Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1341 (111th): Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program Act of 2009
- H.R. 634 (110th): American Veterans Disabled for Life Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 814 (110th): Children’s Gasoline Burn Prevention Act
- H.R. 2094 (110th): To provide for certain administrative and support services for the Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Commission, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5504 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6029 Broadmoor Street in Mission, Kansas, as the “Larry Winn, Jr. Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Moore sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (29%) Finance and Financial Sector (19%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Social Welfare (11%) Law (9%) Taxation (7%) Housing and Community Development (6%) Commerce (6%)
Some of Moore’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6529 (111th): Federal License for Reinsurers Act of 2010
- H.R. 5560 (111th): Quality Cancer Care for Life Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1264 (111th): Expressing support for the designation of March as National Essential Tremor Awareness ...
- H.R. 4802 (111th): Risk Retention Modernization Act of 2010
- H.R. 4745 (111th): Achievements of the GI Bill Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 4450 (111th): Federal Housing Finance Agency Inspector General Technical Corrections Act of 2009
- H.R. 4095 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
|Moore’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 3538 (111th): Idaho Wilderness Water Facilities Act
Jan 20, 2010. Failed 225/191.
H.R. 2996 (111th): Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
Oct 29, 2009. Passed 247/178.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2010, Moore missed 131 of 8,176 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: