Our unique analysis of the bills Moore sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Moore is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Moore was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1177 (111th): 5-Star Generals Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 4095 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 9727 Antioch Road in Overland Park, Kansas, as the “Congresswoman Jan Meyers Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1341 (111th): Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program Act of 2009
- H.R. 634 (110th): American Veterans Disabled for Life Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 814 (110th): Children’s Gasoline Burn Prevention Act
- H.R. 5504 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6029 Broadmoor Street in Mission, Kansas, as the “Larry Winn, Jr. Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4674 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 110 North Chestnut Street in Olathe, Kansas, as the “Governor John Anderson, Jr. Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Moore sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (29%) Finance and Financial Sector (19%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Social Welfare (11%) Law (9%) Taxation (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%)
Some of Moore’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6529 (111th): Federal License for Reinsurers Act of 2010
- H.R. 5560 (111th): Quality Cancer Care for Life Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1264 (111th): Expressing support for the designation of March as National Essential Tremor Awareness ...
- H.R. 4802 (111th): Risk Retention Modernization Act of 2010
- H.R. 4745 (111th): Achievements of the GI Bill Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 4450 (111th): Federal Housing Finance Agency Inspector General Technical Corrections Act of 2009
- H.R. 4095 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2010, Moore missed 131 of 8,176 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 33 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: