Our unique analysis of the bills Rehberg sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rehberg is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rehberg was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4606 (112th): To authorize the issuance of right-of-way permits for natural gas pipelines in Glacier National Park, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3070 (112th): Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012
- H.R. 6166 (111th): American Eagle Palladium Bullion Coin Act of 2010
- H.R. 3661 (111th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for a monthly housing stipend under the Post-9/11 Educational Assistance Program for individuals pursuing programs of education offered ...
- H.R. 3563 (111th): Crow Tribe Water Rights Settlement Act of 2009
- H.R. 845 (111th): Crow Tribe Water Rights Settlement Act of 2009
- H.R. 2977 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 306 2nd Avenue in Brockway, Montana, as the “Paul Kasten Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Rehberg sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (26%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Native Americans (13%) Taxation (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Commerce (8%) Finance and Financial Sector (8%) Health (8%)
Some of Rehberg’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6347 (112th): To amend the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 to require 20-year Congressional ...
- H.R. 6346 (112th): To amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to provide a ...
- H.R. 4606 (112th): To authorize the issuance of right-of-way permits for natural gas pipelines in ...
- H.Res. 578 (112th): Supporting the goals and ideals of National Right to Keep and Bear ...
- H.R. 3904 (112th): Keep America’s Promises Act
- H.R. 3537 (112th): North American Energy Security Act
- H.R. 3500 (112th): To provide for the conveyance of a small parcel of National Forest ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Rehberg’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1473 (112th): Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
Apr 14, 2011. Passed 260/167.
H.J.Res. 48 (112th): Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
Mar 15, 2011. Passed 271/158.
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2001 to Jan 2013, Rehberg missed 36 of 8,568 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 14 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: