Read our 2018 Report Card for Ross.
Ross is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ross sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ross was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1326 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2000 Mulford Road in Mulberry, Florida, as the “Sergeant First Class Daniel M. Ferguson Post …
- H.R. 2997 (114th): Private Investment in Housing Act of 2015
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Ross sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (27%) Government Operations and Politics (23%) Taxation (16%) Immigration (9%) International Affairs (9%) Health (7%) Housing and Community Development (5%) Economics and Public Finance (5%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Ross recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 6292 (115th): Nonprofit Property Protection Act
- H.R. 5973 (115th): Disaster Assistance Risk Transfer Act of 2018
- H.R. 5666 (115th): Primary Regulators of Insurance Vote Act of 2018
- H.Res. 794 (115th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the national parks, …
- H.R. 5266 (115th): Financial Product Safety Commission Act of 2018
- H.J.Res. 122 (115th): Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States …
- H.R. 4061 (115th): Financial Stability Oversight Council Improvement Act of 2017
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2018, Ross missed 228 of 5,345 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: