Our unique analysis of the bills Ross has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ross is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Ross for more statistics.
Dennis Ross sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
Ross sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (33%) Finance and Financial Sector (20%) Taxation (13%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Immigration (8%) Health (8%) Families (5%) Housing and Community Development (5%)
Some of Ross’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 156: Directing the Joint Committee on the Library to accept a statue commemorating the ...
- H.Res. 865: Commemorating the 60th anniversary of the Hungarian Revolution and Freedom Fight of 1956 ...
- H.R. 5026: To direct the President to develop and submit to Congress a comprehensive strategy ...
- H.R. 4546: Safeguarding Social Security Numbers Act of 2016
- H.Res. 607: Condemning and censuring President Barack Obama.
- H.R. 4391: Finish the Fence Act of 2016
- H.R. 4392: To amend title 5, United States Code, to require that the Office of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Ross missed 51 of 4,069 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: