Our unique analysis of the bills Heck has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Heck is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Heck for more statistics.
Denny Heck sits on the following committees:
Heck sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Heck’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 773: To express support for recognition of June 2016 as National Orca Protection Month.
- H.R. 4131: Bring the Ancient One Home Act of 2015
- H.R. 3630: PUGET SOS Act
- H.Res. 374: Reaffirming Singapore’s strategic partnership with the United States, encompassing broad and robust economic, ...
- H.R. 2270: Billy Frank Jr. Tell Your Story Act
- H.R. 936: Marine Disease Emergency Act of 2015
- H.R. 5546 (113th): Marine Disease Emergency Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Heck missed 48 of 2,465 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: