Read our 2018 Report Card for Heck.
Heck is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Heck has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 15, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Denny Heck sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development, and Insurance
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security, International Development, and Monetary Policy
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
Heck was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3906: Innovative Stormwater Infrastructure Act of 2018
- H.R. 2270 (114th): Billy Frank Jr. Tell Your Story Act
- H.R. 2167 (113th): Reverse Mortgage Stabilization Act of 2013
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Heck sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (17%) International Affairs (17%) Environmental Protection (17%) Animals (13%) Native Americans (10%) Taxation (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%)
Some of Heck’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3664: To direct the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund to perform an outreach program ...
- H.R. 3467: Remove the Stain Act
- H.R. 3110: Climate Security Intelligence Act of 2019
- H.Res. 418: Expressing support for recognition of June 2019 as National Orca Protection Month.
- H.R. 2479: Primary Regulators of Insurance Vote Act of 2019
- H.R. 2247: Promoting United Government Efforts To Save Our Sound Act
- H.R. 2023: Protect European Energy Security Act
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2019, Heck missed 52 of 4,221 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: