Riggleman was the representative for Virginia’s 5th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2019 to 2020.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Riggleman.
Riggleman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2020 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Riggleman sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 28, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Riggleman sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Riggleman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8756 (116th): COVID Health Care Provider Assurance Act of 2020
- H.R. 8131 (116th): Hemp Opportunity Zone Act of 2020
- H.R. 6513 (116th): To defer the year of inclusion for certain capital gains invested in ...
- H.R. 5844 (116th): ACCESS Rural America Act
- H.Res. 834 (116th): Supporting policies that are a part of the “Best is Yet to ...
- H.R. 5699 (116th): Voluntary Checkoff Program Participation Act
- H.Res. 734 (116th): Expressing support for the designation of the week of September 20 through ...
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2020, Riggleman missed 58 of 954 roll call votes, which is 6.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2020. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: