Read our 2018 Report Card for Kilmer.
Kilmer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kilmer has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Derek Kilmer sits on the following committees:
- Chair, House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
Kilmer was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 975: Maritime Washington National Heritage Area Act
- H.R. 3374 (113th): American Savings Promotion Act
- H.R. 4751 (113th): To make technical corrections to Public Law 110-229 to reflect the renaming of the Bainbridge Island Japanese American Exclusion Memorial, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kilmer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (22%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Taxation (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Health (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Education (7%) Immigration (6%)
Some of Kilmer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3277: To improve the leasing projects of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for ...
- H.R. 2921: Broadband for All Act of 2019
- H.R. 2718: P3 Act
- H.R. 2642: Wild Olympics Wilderness and Wild and Scenic Rivers Act
- H.R. 2592: Honest Ads Act
- H.R. 2552: Protecting Local Access to Care for Everyone Act of 2019
- H.R. 2496: Tribal Border Crossing Parity Act
From Jan 2013 to Jun 2019, Kilmer missed 19 of 4,061 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: