Our unique analysis of the bills Bartlett sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1978. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bartlett is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bartlett was the primary sponsor of 17 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1081 (95th): An Act to amend certain laws relating to the Osage Tribe of Oklahoma, and for other purposes.
- S.J.Res. 154 (95th): A joint resolution authorizing the President to invite the States of the Union and foreign nations to participate in the International Petroleum Exposition to be held at ...
- S. 920 (95th): A bill relating to the disposition of certain recreational demonstration project lands by the State of Oklahoma.
- S. 1291 (95th): An Act to declare that certain lands of the United States situated in the State of Oklahoma are held by the United States in trust for the ...
- S. 947 (95th): A bill to declare certain federally owned land known as the Yardeka School land to be held in trust for the Creek Nation of Oklahoma.
- S.J.Res. 128 (95th): A joint resolution designating July 1, l978, as “Free Enterprise Day”.
- S. 1640 (95th): A bill to designate the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bartlett sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bartlett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3612 (95th): Indian Financing Act Amendments
- S. 3583 (95th): Unauthorized Use and Endorsement Act
- S. 3584 (95th): A Bill to amend the “Joint Owners” provision of the Patents Act ...
- S. 3528 (95th): A bill for the relief of Ted, Kazuko and Yoko Shimizu.
- S.J.Res. 163 (95th): A Joint Resolution designating March 30, 1979 and succeeding years as “Black ...
- S.J.Res. 154 (95th): A joint resolution authorizing the President to invite the States of the ...
- S. 3306 (95th): Enhanced Crude Oil Recovery Incentives Act
From Jan 1973 to Oct 1978, Bartlett missed 334 of 3,605 roll call votes, which is 9.3%. This is on par with the median of 12.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills