Our unique analysis of the bills Bartlett sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1978. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bartlett is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bartlett sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bartlett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3612 (95th): Indian Financing Act Amendments
- S. 3583 (95th): Unauthorized Use and Endorsement Act
- S. 3584 (95th): A Bill to amend the “Joint Owners” provision of the Patents Act ...
- S. 3528 (95th): A bill for the relief of Ted, Kazuko and Yoko Shimizu.
- S.J.Res. 163 (95th): A Joint Resolution designating March 30, 1979 and succeeding years as “Black ...
- S.J.Res. 154 (95th): A joint resolution authorizing the President to invite the States of the ...
- S. 3306 (95th): Enhanced Crude Oil Recovery Incentives Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Oct 1978, Bartlett missed 334 of 3,605 roll call votes, which is 9.3%. This is on par with the median of 12.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills