Our unique analysis of the bills Black has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Black is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Black for more statistics.
Diane Black sits on the following committees:
Black sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Black’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6101: ACO Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 6067: Relief from Obamacare Exchange Failures Act
- H.R. 5994: Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel Incentive Extension Act of 2016
- H.R. 5654: Stop Dangerous Sanctuary Cities Act
- H.R. 5652: Access to Better Care Act of 2016
- H.Res. 730: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the important role of ...
- H.R. 4926: Stopping Partisan Policy at the Library of Congress Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Black’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Black missed 125 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 32 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: