Our unique analysis of the bills Black has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Black is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Black for more statistics.
Diane Black sits on the following committees:
Black sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Black’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5654: Stop Dangerous Sanctuary Cities Act
- H.R. 5652: Access to Better Care Act of 2016
- H.Res. 730: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the important role of ...
- H.R. 4926: Stopping Partisan Policy at the Library of Congress Act
- H.R. 4502: Pullman Act
- H.R. 4442: CONNECT for Health Act
- H.R. 4428: Fair Medicare Hospital Payments Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Black missed 120 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 32 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: