Titus is the representative for Nevada’s 1st congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2013. Titus is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
She was previously the representative for Nevada’s 3rd congressional district as a Democrat from 2009 to 2010.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Titus.
Titus is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Titus has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Mar 3, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Dina Titus sits on the following committees:
Titus was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Titus sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (24%) International Affairs (18%) Education (18%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Animals (6%) Agriculture and Food (6%)
Some of Titus’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1597: To provide for conservation and economic development in the State of Nevada, and ...
- H.R. 1524: To require the Secretary of Energy to obtain the consent of affected State ...
- H.R. 1442: To amend the Animal Welfare Act to require that covered persons develop and ...
- H.R. 367: Homeland Security Acquisition Professional Career Program Act
- H.R. 216: To designate a peak in the State of Nevada as Maude Frazier Mountain, ...
- H.R. 8867 (116th): Cat Abuse in Testing Stops Act of 2020
- H.Res. 1100 (116th): Reaffirming the importance of the strategic partnership between the United States and ...
From Jan 2009 to Mar 2021, Titus missed 216 of 6,410 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: