Sen. Dirk Kempthorne
Former Senator from Idaho
|Dates||Title / State / District|
See Also: Bioguide
Kempthorne was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Kempthorne’s time serving in the Senate. Kempthorne’s bills had a total of 162 cosponsors in the 105th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Kempthorne to other members of the Senate in the 105th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Kempthorne’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2512 (105th): Natural Resources Institute Act of 1998
- S.Res. 201 (105th): A resolution to commemorate and acknowledge the dedication and sacrifice made by ...
- S.Con.Res. 84 (105th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the Government of ...
- S. 1181 (105th): Endangered Species Habitat Protection Act of 1997
- S. 1180 (105th): Endangered Species Recovery Act of 1997
- S. 901 (105th): Endangered Species Habitat Protection Act of 1997
- S. 730 (105th): A bill to make retroactive the entitlement of certain Medal of Honor ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1993 to Oct 1998, Kempthorne missed 16 of 2,255 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills