Our unique analysis of the bills Kempthorne sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kempthorne is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Kempthorne sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (16%) Crime and Law Enforcement (15%) Law (15%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Environmental Protection (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (11%) Commerce (9%) Taxation (8%)
Some of Kempthorne’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2512 (105th): Natural Resources Institute Act of 1998
- S.Res. 201 (105th): A resolution to commemorate and acknowledge the dedication and sacrifice made by ...
- S.Con.Res. 84 (105th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the Government of ...
- S. 1181 (105th): Endangered Species Habitat Protection Act of 1997
- S. 1180 (105th): Endangered Species Recovery Act of 1997
- S. 901 (105th): Endangered Species Habitat Protection Act of 1997
- S. 730 (105th): A bill to make retroactive the entitlement of certain Medal of Honor ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1993 to Oct 1998, Kempthorne missed 16 of 2,255 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills