Our unique analysis of the bills Kempthorne sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kempthorne is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Kempthorne’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2512 (105th): Natural Resources Institute Act of 1998
- S.Res. 201 (105th): A resolution to commemorate and acknowledge the dedication and sacrifice made by ...
- S.Con.Res. 84 (105th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the Government of ...
- S. 1181 (105th): Endangered Species Habitat Protection Act of 1997
- S. 1180 (105th): Endangered Species Recovery Act of 1997
- S. 901 (105th): Endangered Species Habitat Protection Act of 1997
- S. 730 (105th): A bill to make retroactive the entitlement of certain Medal of Honor ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1993 to Oct 1998, Kempthorne missed 16 of 2,255 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills