Read our 2017 Report Card for Bacon.
Bacon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bacon has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Don Bacon sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Homeland Security
Bacon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bacon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6105: To amend title 18, United States Code, to improve the Law Enforcement Officer ...
- H.R. 5733: DHS Industrial Control Systems Capabilities Enhancement Act of 2018
- H.R. 5680: Taiwan Defense Assessment Commission Act of 2018
- H.R. 5553: Loya-Sears Warrior Transition Assistance Reform Act of 2018
- H.R. 5528: SWORDD Act of 2018
- H.R. 5522: Joint Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations Readiness Act of 2018
- H.R. 5482: Military Biodefense Readiness and Protection Act of 2018
|Bacon’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 2658: Venezuela Humanitarian Assistance and Defense of Democratic Governance Act of 2017
Dec 7, 2017. Passed 388/29.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 538: Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park Boundary Revision Act of 2017
Jan 30, 2017. Passed 396/8.
From Jan 2017 to Jun 2018, Bacon missed 1 of 988 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: