Read our 2018 Report Card for Bacon.
Bacon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bacon has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Don Bacon sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Armed Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Intelligence and Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Member, Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces
Bacon was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4754: Change Order Transparency for Federal Contractors Act
- H.R. 3201: Maritime Administration Authorization and Enhancement Act for Fiscal Year 2018
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bacon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bacon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3116: To provide any State with a child welfare demonstration project that is scheduled ...
- H.R. 3084: To allow the Secretaries of the military departments to provide limited support to ...
- H.R. 2378: Kerrie Orozco First Responders Family Support Act
- H.R. 1156: LEOSA Reform Act
- H.R. 504: DHS Field Engagement Accountability Act
- H.R. 6580: Kerrie Orozco First Responders Family Support Act
- H.R. 6105: LEOSA Reform Act
From Jan 2017 to Jun 2019, Bacon missed 1 of 1,532 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: