Read our 2017 Report Card for Bacon.
Bacon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bacon has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Don Bacon sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Homeland Security
Bacon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bacon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4896: LEOSA Training Extension Act
- H.R. 4754: Change Order Transparency for Federal Contractors Act
- H.Res. 656: Honoring the 100th anniversary of Boys Town.
- H.Res. 581: Congratulating the people of the Republic of Turkey and Turkish Americans nationwide on ...
- H.R. 3897: Gold Star Family Support and Installation Act of 2017
- H.R. 3201: Maritime Administration Authorization and Enhancement Act for Fiscal Year 2018
- H.R. 2665: Accountability for Congressional Pay Act
|Bacon’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 2658: Venezuela Humanitarian Assistance and Defense of Democratic Governance Act of 2017
Dec 7, 2017. Passed 388/29.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 538: Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park Boundary Revision Act of 2017
Jan 30, 2017. Passed 396/8.
From Jan 2017 to Feb 2018, Bacon missed 1 of 790 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: