Bacon, a Republican, is the representative for Nebraska's 2nd congressional district (view map) and has served since Jan 3, 2017. Bacon is next up for reelection in 2018.
Bacon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bacon has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Don Bacon sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Small Business
Bacon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (100%)
Some of Bacon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 581: Congratulating the people of the Republic of Turkey and Turkish Americans nationwide on ...
- H.R. 3897: Gold Star Family Support and Installation Act of 2017
- H.R. 3201: Maritime Administration Authorization and Enhancement Act for Fiscal Year 2018
- H.R. 2665: Accountability for Congressional Pay Act
- H.R. 2350: Small Business Know-Before-You-Bid Construction Transparency Act of 2017
- H.R. 1970: Kerrie Orozco Act
- H.R. 1383: Recognizing Officers and Enlisted Men of the Korean Constabulary Act of 2017
|Bacon’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
H.R. 538: Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park Boundary Revision Act of 2017
Jan 30, 2017. Passed 396/8.
From Jan 2017 to Nov 2017, Bacon missed 0 of 637 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: