Bacon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bacon has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 2, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Don Bacon sits on the following committees:
Bacon was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4168: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6223 Maple Street, in Omaha, Nebraska, as the “Petty Officer 1st Class Charles Jackson French Post …
- H.R. 6260: Casualty Assistance Reform Act of 2021
- H.R. 6246: Defense Language Continuing Education Act of 2021
- H.R. 6245: Unmanned Aircraft Systems Review Act of 2021
- H.R. 504 (116th): DHS Field Engagement Accountability Act
- H.R. 4754 (115th): Change Order Transparency for Federal Contractors Act
- H.R. 3201 (115th): Maritime Administration Authorization and Enhancement Act for Fiscal Year 2018
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bacon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Bacon recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8804: Air Force Rated Officer Retention Program Act
- H.R. 8744: Military Bonus and Special Pay Increase Act of 2022
- H.R. 8635: Foster Care Stabilization Act of 2022
- H.R. 8439: INARA Reforms Act
- H.R. 8438: Foreign Terrorist Organization Designation Act of 2022
- H.R. 8348: United States NATO Force Deployment Policy Act of 2022
- H.R. 8346: Military Service Academy Foundation Support Act of 2022
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2017 to Dec 2022, Bacon missed 10 of 3,096 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: