Our unique analysis of the bills Manzullo sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Manzullo is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Manzullo was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6159 (109th): SBA Programs Extension bill
- H.R. 5008 (108th): To provide an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 through September 30, 2004, and for ...
- H.R. 4062 (108th): To provide for an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 through June 4, 2004, and ...
- H.R. 3915 (108th): To provide for an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 through April 2, 2004.
- H.R. 3346 (107th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to simplify the reporting requirements relating to higher education tuition and related expenses.
- H.R. 3381 (106th): Export Enhancement Act of 1999
- H.R. 325 (104th): To amend the Clean Air Act to provide for an optional provision for the reduction of work-related vehicle trips and miles traveled in ozone nonattainment areas designated ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Manzullo sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (20%) International Affairs (17%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Taxation (11%) Commerce (11%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%)
Some of Manzullo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6040 (112th): Continued Free Association with Palau Act of 2012
- H.R. 5952 (112th): To require each Federal agency to submit and obtain approval from the ...
- H.R. 4486 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on polypropylene fiber with tow bundles comprised ...
- H.R. 4487 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on polyester fiber with tow bundles comprised ...
- H.Res. 586 (112th): Expressing the concern of Congress regarding the Argentine Republic’s willful and repeated ...
- H.Res. 396 (112th): Encouraging energy efficient and environment-friendly building and facility programs to incorporate the ...
- H.R. 2866 (112th): Mechanical Insulation Installation Incentive Act of 2011
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Manzullo’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2965 (111th): Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010
Jul 8, 2009. Passed 386/41.
The Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010 (H.R. 2965, S. 4023) is a landmark United States federal statute enacted in December 2010 that established a process for ending the Don't ask, don't tell (DADT) policy (10 U.S.C. § 654), thus allowing gays, lesbians, ...
H.R. 7321 (110th): Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act
Dec 10, 2008. Passed 237/170.
H.R. 6707 (110th): Taking Responsible Action for Community Safety Act
Sep 27, 2008. Failed 243/175.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1993 to Jan 2013, Manzullo missed 393 of 13,431 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 109 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: