McEachin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McEachin has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
McEachin was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3847 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 117 West Poythress Street in Hopewell, Virginia, as the “Reverend Curtis West Harris Post Office …
- H.R. 3325 (116th): Locking Up Robocallers Act of 2019
- H.R. 4820 (115th): ASK Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McEachin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Environmental Protection (26%) Energy (16%) Health (14%) Taxation (12%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%)
Recently Introduced Bills
McEachin recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 9304: Funding Attorneys for Indigent Removal (FAIR) Proceedings Act
- H.R. 9011: Updated Drug Labeling for Patient Safety Act
- H.R. 8551: Technology Assessment for Air Quality Management Act of 2022
- H.R. 7871: People Over Petroleum Act
- H.Res. 1075: Expressing support for honoring Earth Day, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 7165: Lead-Safe Housing for Kids Act of 2022
- H.R. 5848: To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish within the …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2017 to Nov 2022, McEachin missed 224 of 3,081 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: