Read our 2018 Report Card for McEachin.
McEachin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McEachin has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Donald McEachin sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis
McEachin was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McEachin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McEachin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 351: Congratulating and honoring Rodney Robinson on receiving the 2019 National Teacher of the ...
- H.Res. 330: Expressing support for honoring Earth Day, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 337: Defend our Coast Act
- H.J.Res. 144 (115th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States respecting the ...
- H.R. 7220: PARIS Climate Act
- H.R. 6818: Clean Water Infrastructure Act
- H.Res. 1054 (115th): Commemorating Arthur Ashe, a native of Richmond, Virginia, on the 50th anniversary ...
From Jan 2017 to May 2019, McEachin missed 80 of 1,441 roll call votes, which is 5.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: