Read our 2018 Report Card for McEachin.
McEachin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McEachin has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Donald McEachin sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis
McEachin was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McEachin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Environmental Protection (29%) Taxation (12%) Energy (12%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Health (8%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Immigration (8%)
Some of McEachin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4727: To amend the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to establish a mentor-protégé program, ...
- H.R. 4291: Low-Income Solar Energy Act
- H.R. 4227: Mapping Accuracy Promotes Services Act
- H.R. 4155: Funding Attorneys for Indigent Removal (FAIR) Proceedings Act
- H.R. 4045: Disabled Access Credit Expansion Act
- H.R. 3847: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 117 ...
- H.R. 3615: Honor and Remember Flag Recognition Act
From Jan 2017 to Oct 2019, McEachin missed 137 of 1,777 roll call votes, which is 7.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: