Read our 2018 Report Card for Payne.
Payne is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Payne has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Donald Payne Jr. sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Homeland Security
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Payne was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 615 (114th): DHS Interoperable Communications Act
- H.R. 1376 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 369 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Jersey City, New Jersey, as the “Judge Shirley ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Payne sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Payne’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 48: Supporting National Men’s Health Week.
- H.R. 2932: Homeland Security for Children Act
- H.Res. 380: Expressing support for the designation of the week of May 13 through May ...
- H.R. 2650: Payment Choice Act of 2019
- H.R. 2160: Shielding Public Spaces from Vehicular Terrorism Act
- H.R. 1765: Donald Payne Sr. Colorectal Cancer Detection Act of 2019
- H.R. 1593: CLASS Act of 2019
From Nov 2012 to Jun 2019, Payne missed 445 of 4,160 roll call votes, which is 10.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: