Our unique analysis of the bills Sherwood sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sherwood is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Sherwood was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Sherwood sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (22%) Transportation and Public Works (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Agriculture and Food (13%) Energy (13%) Law (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Environmental Protection (9%)
Some of Sherwood’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3721 (109th): To amend the Omnibus Parks and Public Lands Management Act of 1996 ...
- H.R. 3124 (109th): Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Natural Gas Pipeline Enlargement Act
- H.R. 1135 (109th): Agriculture Marketing Success Act of 2005
- H.R. 521 (109th): Milk Import Tariff Equity Act
- H.R. 5369 (108th): Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Natural Gas Pipeline Enlargement Act
- H.R. 4494 (108th): Grey Towers National Historic Site Act of 2004
- H.R. 1160 (108th): Milk Import Tariff Equity Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2006, Sherwood missed 92 of 4,645 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is better than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: