Sherwood was the representative for Pennsylvania’s 10th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1999 to 2006.
Sherwood is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Sherwood sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Sherwood was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Sherwood sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (22%) Energy (13%) Transportation and Public Works (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Agriculture and Food (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%) Arts, Culture, Religion (9%) International Affairs (9%)
Some of Sherwood’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3721 (109th): To amend the Omnibus Parks and Public Lands Management Act of 1996 ...
- H.R. 3124 (109th): Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Natural Gas Pipeline Enlargement Act
- H.R. 1135 (109th): Agriculture Marketing Success Act of 2005
- H.R. 521 (109th): Milk Import Tariff Equity Act
- H.R. 5369 (108th): Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Natural Gas Pipeline Enlargement Act
- H.R. 4494 (108th): Grey Towers National Historic Site Act of 2004
- H.R. 1160 (108th): Milk Import Tariff Equity Act
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2006, Sherwood missed 92 of 4,645 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is better than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: