Our unique analysis of the bills Sundquist sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sundquist is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Sundquist’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4641 (103rd): To restore the previous tariff treatment accorded to hand-cast string-drawn fishing nets.
- H.R. 4233 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a taxpayer ...
- H.R. 2656 (103rd): Security Officers Employment Standards Act of 1993
- H.Con.Res. 77 (103rd): To prohibit any political demonstrations on hallowed ground of National cemeteries.
- H.R. 1475 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the unified ...
- H.R. 640 (103rd): Family Home-Care Act of 1992
- H.R. 642 (103rd): To provide that for taxable years beginning before 1980 the federal income ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Nov 1994, Sundquist missed 374 of 5,687 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills