Our unique analysis of the bills Edwards has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Edwards is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Edwards for more statistics.
Donna Edwards sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
Edwards sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (23%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Education (13%) Labor and Employment (13%) Health (10%) Environmental Protection (10%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Some of Edwards’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2850: Stop Overdose Stat Act of 2015
- H.R. 2521: REAL Act of 2015
- H.R. 2371: Broadening Opportunities Through Education Act
- H.R. 1852: 21st Century Investment Act of 2015
- H.R. 1775: Innovative Stormwater Infrastructure Act of 2015
- H.R. 1692: Safety, Efficiency, and Accountability in Transportation Projects Through Public Inspection Act of 2015
- H.R. 1492: Child CARE Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Edwards’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 4498: Helping Angels Lead Our Startups Act
Apr 27, 2016. Passed.
H.Res. 546: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 22) to authorize funds for Federal-aid ...
Dec 3, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jun 2008 to Dec 2016, Edwards missed 123 of 6,048 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 47 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: