Edwards was the representative for Maryland’s 4th congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 2008 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Edwards.
Edwards is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Edwards sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Edwards sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (23%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Education (13%) Labor and Employment (13%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Health (10%) Environmental Protection (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Some of Edwards’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2850 (114th): Stop Overdose Stat Act of 2015
- H.R. 2521 (114th): REAL Act of 2015
- H.R. 2371 (114th): Broadening Opportunities Through Education Act
- H.R. 1852 (114th): 21st Century Investment Act of 2015
- H.R. 1775 (114th): Innovative Stormwater Infrastructure Act of 2015
- H.R. 1692 (114th): Safety, Efficiency, and Accountability in Transportation Projects Through Public Inspection Act of ...
- H.R. 1492 (114th): Child CARE Act
From Jun 2008 to Dec 2016, Edwards missed 123 of 6,054 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: