Shalala is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Shalala has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Donna Shalala sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and Labor
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Rules
Some of Shalala’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2775: To amend the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act to ensure protections for ...
- H.Res. 357: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 986) to provide that certain guidance ...
- H.Res. 335: Expressing support for the recognition of April as Arab American Heritage Month and ...
- H.R. 2006: College Equity Act of 2019
- H.R. 920: Venezuela Arms Restriction Act
From Jan 2019 to May 2019, Shalala missed 1 of 221 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: