Read our 2019 Report Card for Shalala.
Shalala is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Shalala has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 24, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Donna Shalala sits on the following committees:
Shalala sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shalala’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1141: Expressing support for the designation of September 22, 2020, as “National Hispanic Nurses ...
- H.Res. 1060: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 7608) making appropriations for the Department ...
- H.R. 7601: CONFUCIUS Act
- H.R. 7319: Educator Preparation Reform Act
- H.R. 6953: Pandemic Responder Service Award Act
- H.Res. 866: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2339) to amend the Federal Food, ...
- H.R. 5528: CACIA Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Nov 2020, Shalala missed 3 of 928 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: