Shalala is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Shalala has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 17, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Donna Shalala sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and Labor
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Rules
Shalala sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shalala’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3689: To prohibit States from suspending, revoking, or denying State-issued professional licenses or issuing ...
- H.R. 3369: Defending All Veterans In Education Act
- H.R. 3215: Disaster Relief Medicaid Act
- H.Res. 415: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 6) to authorize the cancellation of ...
- H.R. 2775: Protecting LGBTQ Youth Act
- H.Res. 357: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 986) to provide that certain guidance ...
- H.Res. 335: Expressing support for the recognition of April as Arab American Heritage Month and ...
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2019, Shalala missed 1 of 496 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: