Shalala is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Shalala has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Donna Shalala sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Rules
House Committee on Education and Labor
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
Shalala sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shalala’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4666: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide certain low-income ...
- H.R. 4615: Stop College Closures Act of 2019
- H.R. 4497: Protecting Student Aid Act of 2019
- H.R. 4322: Expanding Cannabis Research and Information Act
- H.R. 4193: Student Loan Disclosure Transparency Act of 2019
- H.R. 3689: Protecting JOBs Act
- H.R. 3369: Defending All Veterans In Education Act
From Jan 2019 to Oct 2019, Shalala missed 1 of 570 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: