Our unique analysis of the bills Matsui has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Matsui is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Matsui for more statistics.
Doris Matsui sits on the following committees:
Matsui sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Water Resources Development (27%) Science, Technology, Communications (22%) Health (17%) Transportation and Public Works (12%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) Energy (5%) Commerce (5%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (5%)
Some of Matsui’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4569: Extend Excellence in Mental Health Act of 2016
- H.R. 4190: Spectrum Challenge Prize Act of 2015
- H.R. 3142: Cruise Passenger Protection Act
- H.R. 2993: Water Recycling Acceleration Act of 2015
- H.R. 2690: Including Families in Mental Health Recovery Act of 2015
- H.R. 2638: Broadband Adoption Act of 2015
- H.R. 2071: Safe Streets Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Mar 2005 to Jul 2016, Matsui missed 84 of 8,673 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: