Our unique analysis of the bills Collins has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Collins is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Collins for more statistics.
Doug Collins sits on the following committees:
Collins sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (25%) Crime and Law Enforcement (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Health (14%) Taxation (11%) Immigration (7%) International Affairs (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%)
Some of Collins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 875: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3438) to amend title 5, United ...
- H.Res. 859: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5620) to amend title 38, United ...
- H.Res. 843: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5063) to limit donations made pursuant ...
- H.R. 5750: Common Sense Postal Delivery Restoration Act of 2016
- H.Res. 725: Providing for consideration of the bill (S. 524) to authorize the Attorney General ...
- H.Res. 720: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 4641) to provide for the establishment ...
- H.Res. 688: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 4890) to impose a ban on ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Collins’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 23: National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
Jan 7, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Collins missed 74 of 2,481 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 31 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: