Jones is the junior senator from Alabama and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2018. Jones is next up for reelection in 2020.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Doug Jones sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Jones sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jones’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3467: Strengthening Minority-Serving Institutions Act of 2018
- S. 3266: Automotive Jobs Act of 2018
- S. 3191: Civil Rights Cold Case Records Collection Act of 2018
- S. 3164: Privacy Notification Technical Clarification Act
- S. 3117: Fair Access for Farmers and Ranchers Act of 2018
- S. 3059: Smart Choices Act
- S. 2953: Expanding Access to Capital for Rural Job Creators Act
|Jones’s Vote||Vote Description|
On the Nomination PN1644: Thomas S. Kleeh, of West Virginia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of West Virginia
Oct 11, 2018. Nomination Confirmed 65/30.
On the Nomination PN1620: Charles P. Rettig, of California, to be Commissioner of Internal Revenue for the term expiring November 12, 2022
Sep 12, 2018. Nomination Confirmed 64/33.
On the Nomination PN1525: Dominic W. Lanza, of Arizona, to be United States District Judge for the District of Arizona
Sep 6, 2018. Nomination Confirmed 60/35.
H.R. 2: Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018
Jun 28, 2018. Bill Passed 86/11.
See the Congressional Research Service's 122-page summary of the bill. * * * H.R. 2 amends and extends major programs for income support, food and nutrition, land conservation, trade promotion, rural development, research, forestry, horticulture, and other miscellaneous programs administered by the Department of Agriculture ...
H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018; Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018, the SUSTAIN Care Act of 2018; Family First Prevention Services Act.; Honoring Hometown ...
Feb 9, 2018. Motion Agreed to 71/28.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of funding for the federal government through March 23, 2018, to avert a government shutdown that would have occurred on February 9, 2018 had this bill not been enacted. The bill was introduced as the Honoring Hometown Heroes ...
From Jan 2018 to Dec 2018, Jones missed 5 of 255 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: