Read our 2019 Report Card for LaMalfa.
LaMalfa is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills LaMalfa has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Aug 7, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Doug LaMalfa sits on the following committees:
LaMalfa was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 317: Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians Land Affirmation Act of 2019
- H.R. 6655 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 44160 State Highway 299 East Suite 1 in McArthur, California, as the “Janet Lucille Oilar ...
- H.R. 2212 (114th): To take certain Federal lands located in Lassen County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Susanville Indian Rancheria, and for other purposes.
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
LaMalfa sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of LaMalfa’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7540: PLANT Act of 2020
- H.R. 7407: Mandatory End to Needle Distribution in Our Neighborhoods Act
- H.R. 7052: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2141 ...
- H.R. 5744: Clearing Lines along Electrical At-Risk Zones Act
- H.R. 2381: Modern, Clean, and Safe Trucks Act of 2019
- H.R. 1515: High-Speed Refund Act
- H.R. 1126: Honoring Veterans’ Families Act
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2020, LaMalfa missed 127 of 4,618 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: