Read our 2018 Report Card for Lamborn.
Lamborn is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lamborn has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Doug Lamborn sits on the following committees:
Lamborn was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1164: Taylor Force Act
- H.R. 3375 (113th): To designate the community-based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs to be constructed at 3141 Centennial Boulevard, Colorado Springs, Colorado, as the “PFC Floyd K. ...
- H.R. 2366 (113th): World War I American Veterans Centennial Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 4357 (113th): To deny admission to the United States to any representative to the United Nations who has engaged in espionage activities against the United States, poses a threat ...
- H.R. 4073 (112th): To authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to accept the quitclaim, disclaimer, and relinquishment of a railroad right of way within and adjacent to Pike National Forest in ...
- H.R. 2696 (110th): Veterans’ Dignified Burial Assistance Act of 2007
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lamborn sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (29%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (18%) Arts, Culture, Religion (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Water Resources Development (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Health (5%)
Some of Lamborn’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 537: Bureau of Reclamation Pumped Storage Hydropower Development Act
- H.R. 387: Crags, Colorado Land Exchange Act of 2019
- H.R. 386: To update the map of, and modify the maximum acreage available for inclusion ...
- H.R. 318: National Geologic Mapping Act Reauthorization Act
- H.R. 6451: UNRWA Reform and Refugee Support Act of 2018
- H.Res. 671: Expressing strong disapproval of the adoption of United Nations General Assembly Resolution A/ES-10/L.22, ...
- H.Res. 637 (115th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the symbols and ...
From Jan 2007 to Jun 2019, Lamborn missed 163 of 9,198 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: