Read our 2017 Report Card for Lamborn.
Lamborn is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lamborn has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Doug Lamborn sits on the following committees:
Lamborn was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3375 (113th): To designate the community-based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs to be constructed at 3141 Centennial Boulevard, Colorado Springs, Colorado, as the “PFC Floyd K. ...
- H.R. 2366 (113th): World War I American Veterans Centennial Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 4357 (113th): To deny admission to the United States to any representative to the United Nations who has engaged in espionage activities against the United States, poses a threat ...
- H.R. 4073 (112th): To authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to accept the quitclaim, disclaimer, and relinquishment of a railroad right of way within and adjacent to Pike National Forest in ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lamborn sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (24%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Arts, Culture, Religion (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Health (5%) Water Resources Development (5%)
Some of Lamborn’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 671: Expressing strong disapproval of the adoption of United Nations General Assembly Resolution A/ES-10/L.22, ...
- H.Res. 637: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the symbols and traditions ...
- H.R. 4457: Veterans Empowerment Act
- H.R. 4033: National Geologic Mapping Act Reauthorization Act
- H.R. 3281: Reclamation Title Transfer and Non-Federal Infrastructure Incentivization Act
- H.Res. 376: Expressing support for designation of July 2, 2017, as the “National Day of ...
- H.R. 1967: Bureau of Reclamation Pumped Storage Hydropower Development Act
|Lamborn’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2007 to Jan 2018, Lamborn missed 149 of 8,419 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 11 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: