Rep. Douglas “Pete” Peterson
Former Representative from Florida’s 2nd District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Florida's 2nd District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Peterson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Peterson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Peterson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3130 (104th): Health Insurance Affordability Act of 1996
- H.R. 3040 (104th): To authorize the Secretary of Transportation to issue a certificate of documentation ...
- H.Res. 277 (104th): Relating to a question of the privileges of the House.
- H.R. 2571 (104th): Comprehensive Long-Term Care Reform Act of 1995
- H.R. 2071 (104th): Health Care Improvement Act of 1995
- H.R. 1648 (104th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide that 5 additional ...
- H.R. 1413 (104th): To amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Sep 1996, Peterson missed 291 of 3,393 roll call votes, which is 8.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills