Peterson was the representative for Florida’s 2nd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1991 to 1996.
Peterson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Peterson sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1991 to Oct 3, 1996. See full analysis methodology.
Peterson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Peterson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3130 (104th): Health Insurance Affordability Act of 1996
- H.R. 3040 (104th): To authorize the Secretary of Transportation to issue a certificate of documentation ...
- H.Res. 277 (104th): Relating to a question of the privileges of the House.
- H.R. 2571 (104th): Comprehensive Long-Term Care Reform Act of 1995
- H.R. 2071 (104th): Health Care Improvement Act of 1995
- H.R. 1648 (104th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide that 5 additional ...
- H.R. 1413 (104th): To amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act ...
From Jan 1991 to Sep 1996, Peterson missed 291 of 3,393 roll call votes, which is 8.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills