Our unique analysis of the bills Faircloth sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Faircloth is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Faircloth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2651 (105th): Save the Surplus Act of 1998
- S. 2590 (105th): Financial Services Act of 1998
- S. 2544 (105th): Homeownership and Community Development Act of 1998
- S. 2490 (105th): A bill to prohibit postsecondary educational institutions from requiring the purchase of ...
- S. 2405 (105th): A bill to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to ...
- S. 2386 (105th): A bill to provide that a charitable contribution deduction shall be allowed ...
- S. 2332 (105th): Crime Doesn’t Pay Prison Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1993 to Oct 1998, Faircloth missed 68 of 2,255 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is worse than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills