Our unique analysis of the bills Faircloth sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Faircloth is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Faircloth sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Faircloth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2651 (105th): Save the Surplus Act of 1998
- S. 2590 (105th): Financial Services Act of 1998
- S. 2544 (105th): Homeownership and Community Development Act of 1998
- S. 2490 (105th): A bill to prohibit postsecondary educational institutions from requiring the purchase of ...
- S. 2405 (105th): A bill to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to ...
- S. 2386 (105th): A bill to provide that a charitable contribution deduction shall be allowed ...
- S. 2332 (105th): Crime Doesn’t Pay Prison Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1993 to Oct 1998, Faircloth missed 68 of 2,255 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is worse than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills