Our unique analysis of the bills Hunter has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hunter is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hunter for more statistics.
Duncan Hunter sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
Hunter sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (28%) Transportation and Public Works (21%) International Affairs (14%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Private Legislation (7%) Health (7%) Immigration (7%)
Some of Hunter’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5531: Miscellaneous Maritime Transportation Amendments Act of 2016
- H.R. 4717: MARTLAND Act
- H.R. 4478: Draft America’s Daughters Act of 2016
- H.R. 4413: Fairness to United States Distant Water Fishermen Act of 2016
- H.R. 4305: Ukrainian Warfighter Assistance Act
- H.R. 4188: Coast Guard Authorization Act of 2015
- H.J.Res. 66: Iran Accountability and Enforcement Resolution
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2016, Hunter missed 129 of 5,646 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 53 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: