Read our 2018 Report Card for Evans.
Evans is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Evans has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Dwight Evans sits on the following committees:
Evans was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6347 (115th): 7(a) Real Estate Appraisal Harmonization Act
- H.R. 2655: Small Business Innovation Protection Act of 2017
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Evans sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Evans’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2585: Resources for Victims of Gun Violence Act of 2019
- H.Res. 359: Supporting the goals and ideals of National Healthy Schools Day.
- H.Res. 342: Supporting the goals and ideals of National Healthy Schools Day.
- H.R. 953: To prohibit consumer reporting agencies from including adverse information in certain consumer reports, ...
- H.R. 159: To require the Administrator of the Small Business Administration to establish a grant ...
- H.R. 158: Rehabilitation of Historic Schools Act of 2019
- H.R. 157: Gun Manufacturers Accountability Act
From Nov 2016 to May 2019, Evans missed 11 of 1,478 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: