Read our 2016 Report Card for Blumenauer.
Our unique analysis of the bills Blumenauer has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Blumenauer is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Earl Blumenauer sits on the following committees:
Blumenauer was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2901 (113th): Senator Paul Simon Water for the World Act of 2014
- H.R. 5195 (113th): Emergency Afghan Allies Extension Act of 2014
- H.R. 3233 (113th): To extend the period during which Iraqis who were employed by the United States Government in Iraq may be granted special immigrant status and to temporarily increase ...
- H.R. 1890 (113th): Balancing Food, Farm, and the Environment Act of 2013
- H.R. 2971 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 630 Northeast Killingsworth Avenue in Portland, Oregon, as the “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Post ...
- H.R. 1973 (109th): Senator Paul Simon Water for the Poor Act of 2005
- H.R. 427 (107th): To provide further protections for the watershed of the Little Sandy River as part of the Bull Run Watershed Management Unit, Oregon, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Blumenauer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (31%) Taxation (28%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Health (8%) Environmental Protection (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%) Immigration (5%)
Some of Blumenauer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5954 (114th): Limiting Inhumane Federal Trapping for Public Safety Act
- H.R. 5819 (114th): Vote By Mail Act of 2016
- H.R. 5811 (114th): Columbia River In-Lieu and Treaty Fishing Access Sites Improvement Act
- H.R. 5555 (114th): Personalize Your Care Act 2.0
- H.R. 5194 (114th): Safe Drug Disposal Tax Credit Act of 2016
- H.R. 5005 (114th): No Hires for the Delinquent Congress Act
- H.R. 4790 (114th): Recreation Not Red-Tape Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Blumenauer’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From May 1996 to Feb 2017, Blumenauer missed 581 of 13,846 roll call votes, which is 4.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 57 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: