Our unique analysis of the bills Hutto sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hutto is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hutto was the primary sponsor of 13 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 898 (103rd): To authorize the Air Force Memorial Foundation to establish a memorial in the District of Columbia or its environs.
- H.J.Res. 111 (101st): Designating June 23, 1989, as “United States Coast Guard Auxiliary Day”.
- H.R. 4557 (100th): A bill to direct the Secretary of the department in which the Coast Guard is operating to require alerting and locating equipment, including emergency position indicating radio ...
- H.R. 5291 (100th): A bill to provide the Secretary of the Air Force with authority to convey certain land.
- H.R. 2342 (100th): Coast Guard Authorization Act of 1988
- H.R. 3431 (100th): A bill to release a reversionary interest of the United States in a certain parcel of land located in Bay County, Florida.
- H.J.Res. 545 (100th): A joint resolution designating May 8-14, 1988, as “Just Say No Week”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Hutto sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (27%) Armed Forces and National Security (20%) Government Operations and Politics (20%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (20%) Economics and Public Finance (13%)
Some of Hutto’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4664 (103rd): To amend the Tariff Act of 1930 to provide relief from antidumping ...
- H.J.Res. 368 (103rd): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States providing for ...
- H.R. 4381 (103rd): United States Navy Blue Angels Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 3953 (103rd): To authorize Escambia County, Florida, to convey certain lands in Florida to ...
- H.R. 2221 (103rd): Biennial Budgeting Act of 1993
- H.R. 1736 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that certain ...
- H.R. 898 (103rd): To authorize the Air Force Memorial Foundation to establish a memorial in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Nov 1994, Hutto missed 351 of 7,781 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is on par with the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills