Landgrebe was the representative for Indiana’s 2nd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1969 to 1974.
Landgrebe is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Landgrebe sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Landgrebe sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Landgrebe’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 695 (93rd): Concurrent resolution to provide for the creation of an independent commission to ...
- H.R. 17649 (93rd): Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act
- H.Res. 1434 (93rd): Resolution expressing the sense of the House to support the independence of ...
- H.R. 17275 (93rd): A bill to provide for increased benefits with regard to disaster relief ...
- H.R. 17132 (93rd): A bill to amended the Higher Education Act of 1965 to provide ...
- H.R. 17056 (93rd): Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Completion Act
- H.R. 16892 (93rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to increase ...
From Jan 1969 to Dec 1974, Landgrebe missed 326 of 2,170 roll call votes, which is 15.0%. This is worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills